For Prospective Authors
Thank you for looking at the University of Georgia Press as a potential home for your book project. Follow these links to resources that will help you decide whether we are an appropriate publisher for you and your project.
SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
Is our publishing program a good match for you and your book project? Go here for guidance on how to submit a book proposal to us.
For Current Authors
GET THE COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS
Download everything you see below, in one PDF.
- Guidelines for Manuscript Preparation
- Revising Dissertations for Book Publication
- Supplemental Guidelines for Volume Editors
- Indexing Guidelines
- Guidelines for Preparation of Illustrations
- Digital Art Requirements for Submission (from the Association of University Presses)
PERMISSIONS AND LOGS
Use these documents to request permissions and to document all artwork and text owned or previously published by others that appear in your work.
- Reprint Permission Letter (Word doc. download)
- Rights Transfer Letter (Word doc. download)
- Text Permissions Log (Word doc. download)
- Illustration Log (Word doc. download)
Submit these checklists at the time you submit your final manuscript to ensure you have completed the tasks necessary for the Press to begin the editing and production of your book.
A SUMMARY OF THE PUBLISHING PROCESS
This short description explains the procedures the University of Georgia Press follows and the roles its various departments play in the publication of your work from manuscript to book and beyond.