Publishing Services at UGA Press seeks to serve the University of Georgia community by providing access to a range of publishing solutions. We collaborate with units on campus to produce and distribute quality educational and scholarly publications by drawing on our own expertise and our established relationships with specialized service providers.
Our services include:
- Copyediting, design, and composition
- Print and digital production management
- Warehousing and distribution
- Dissemination of metadata
- Consultation on rights and permissions
Potential projects include:
- Scholarly books and journals
- Textbooks, course packs, and supplemental course materials
- Manuals, reports, and materials for professional use
- Open educational resources (OERs)
- Conference and symposia proceedings
- Reissues of out-of-print book
UGA Press does not act as publisher of projects produced or distributed through our publishing services program. Your unit or department will act as publisher and should coordinate peer review and clearing third-party permissions as appropriate. We are happy to advise on these processes.
Costs are determined on a project-by-project basis. Once we have the details of your project and your needs, we will generate an estimate for your review. To initiate the process please complete a project evaluation form and submit it to Melissa Buchanan at [email protected]. Feel free to contact Melissa via phone (706-542-4488) or email should you have any questions about our services or about the form.