Welcome to the SHEAR 2020 virtual exhibit
The 2020 Annual Meeting of the Society for Historians of the Early American Republic has been postponed because of concerns about the potential spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
Since we can’t get together in Philadelphia, let’s get together here! Below you’ll find the same kind of information we’d make available at our SHEAR exhibit: news about new books, a chance to meet with an editor, and more.
And, from now until August 14th, we’re offering a 50% SHEAR conference discount with free shipping (on orders over $25.00). See below for sale details and ordering information.
Meet Our Early American History Editor
I acquire projects in Early American and colonial history from any of these varied perspectives: African American, Atlantic World, Caribbean, indigenous, labor, and legal. I am very interested in hearing about Open Access projects, as well as traditional publishing projects.
I’d be happy to talk to you about your work. Please get in touch and let me know how you’d like to connect: phone, email, or Zoom meeting.
Although not necessary before we meet, if you’d like to submit a full book proposal, please click here for general guidelines.
Our Current Catalogs
EASY EXAM AND DESK COPY ORDERING
Exam Copies: Use our online order form for exam copies.
Desk Copies: If you have adopted one of our books for course use, and your school’s bookstore has ordered at least ten copies, you are entitled to one free copy of the book for your own use. Use our online order form for desk copies.
TO EXCERPT MATERIALS FOR CLASSROOM USE
Go here, then follow the instructions under the “Permission to Photocopy” heading.
Books on Display at SHEAR
Sale Details and Ordering Information
- Sale ends August 15, 2020.
- Order online or by phone (1-800-848-6224).
- To receive your 40% discount, use the code 08ASALH20 during online checkout (see below for details), or be sure to mention 08ASALH20 if ordering by phone.
- Your discount is taken off of the list price.
- The 40% discount does not combine with any other UGA Press discount offers currently in effect.
- Discount applies to currently available books only.
- Ebooks are excluded from the sale.