Racism and Anti-Blackness: A Reading List
Context . . .
What began in Minneapolis and is now taking root nationwide is something new–and yet, it is not. To help you understand the depth and breadth of racism and anti-blackness in America–and the varied ways Americans respond to it–we offer this reading list. Here are factual and fictional accounts, histories of distant (but newly relevant) events, heartbreaking personal stories, and more.
Unrest: Protests, Riots, Lynchings
Free bonus content (from Revolting New York): a map pinpointing major protests in the city across four centuries.
It's Personal: Reflections on Racism
How Did We Get Here? Historical Perspectives
How to Order
Get these books at half price from now through the end of June.
- Sale ends June 30, 2020.
- Discount applies to currently available books only.
- Order online or by phone (1-800-848-6224).
- To receive your 50% discount, use the code 08UGAP during online checkout (see below for details), or be sure to mention 08UGAP if ordering by phone.
- Your discount is taken off of the list price.
- The 50% discount does not combine with any other UGA Press discount offers currently in effect.
- Ebooks are excluded from the sale.