American Sociological Association
Welcome to the ASA 2022 Virtual Exhibit
Below you’ll find the same kind of information we would make available at our in-person exhibit: featured books, a conference discount, and a chance to meet with an editor.
From August 5th through September 9th we are offering a 30% ASA discount AND free shipping on the titles below. Use code 08ASA22 at checkout.
ASA 2022 Featured Titles
Meet Our Sociology Editor
Work that tests assumptions and explores the intersections of race, class, and gender in interesting ways is always welcome, as is work that takes a (well-grounded) stand. I encourage books that meld empirical research with theoretical insight, and strive to share that evidence and thought in clear, compelling prose. In academic publishing, we often speak of scholarship for the public square. It’s a worthy goal, even when we can’t predict how many readers will show up at that square. I try to help authors prepare themselves and their writing for smart, engaged readers.
Beyond the book, I have a long-standing commitment to digital scholarship and remain deeply engaged in seeking the best ways to truly publish (not post) that scholarship. Most recently that includes digital “supplements” for books in the New Perspectives on the Civil War Era series, as well as serving on the University of Georgia’s Digital Humanities Steering Committee, part of a broader DIGI collaboration with UGA Libraries, faculty, and the Willson Center.
So, I seek fresh ideas in books and digital scholarship that bring lucid but constructive complexity to our established stories. Books that make me go “hmmm?” That’s what I seek. Surprise me.
ASA 2022 Book Display
Series of Interest to ASA Members
- Children, Youth, and War
- Geographies of Justice and Social Transformation
- The Morehouse College King Collection Series on Civil and Human Rights
- Race in the Atlantic World, 1700–1900
- Since 1970: Histories of Contemporary America
- Sociology of Race and Ethnicity
- Southern Foodways Alliance Studies in Culture, People, and Place
- UnCivil Wars
Our Current Catalog
EASY EXAM AND DESK COPY ORDERING
Exam Copies: Use our online order form for exam copies.
Desk Copies: If you have adopted one of our books for course use, and your school’s bookstore has ordered at least ten copies, you are entitled to one free copy of the book for your own use. Use our online order form for desk copies.
TO EXCERPT MATERIALS FOR CLASSROOM USE
Go here, then follow the instructions under the “Permission to Photocopy” heading.
ASA 2022 Sale Details and Ordering Information
- Sale ends September 9th, 2022.
- Order online or by phone (1-800-848-6224).
- To receive your 30% discount, enter the code 08ASA22 during online checkout (see below for details), or be sure to mention 08ASA22 if ordering by phone.
- Discount is taken off the list price.
- 30% discount does not combine with any other UGA Press discount offers currently in effect.
- Discount applies to currently available books only.
- Ebooks excluded from the discount.